My Husband and Kids

My Husband and Kids

Monday, June 6, 2011

Bike To School


Well finally we are .. the last week of school. the end of 1st grade for Nyla and 4th grade for Azul. Azul did however correct me this morning and said "there is not one more week of school, only 4 day", he is sooooo literal! Hahahaha

As promised I am letting the kids ride their bikes to school. Now we live wayyyyy to far away for them to actually ride all the way to school, so I removed a car seat in the van and put their bikes into the back. Drove 3/4 of the way then let them ride the 1/4 but not after parking, getting them safely to a crosswalk and going over for the 100th time all the rules of the road and cyclists. I drove behind them off to the side of the road at some points and since they were doing well with safety rules, drove a little ahead of them and watched as they caught up. Made it safe and sound and with BIG SMILES on their faces. They loved using their new bike locks (found cool ones at Target that use a word code vs numerals). I showed them how to set it once and so of course they have each changed their passwords multiple times and are planning to change them again today! Nutty!!!

Mill thought I was crazy, but I am a stickler for keeping my word to my children at all costs -never want them to feel they cannot depend on me to do what I say now or in the future so despite any circumstances (time, money, illness, etc) if I tell them something I am going to see it through. Besides I LOVE BEING THEIR MOM and SEEING THEM SMILE!

No comments:

Post a Comment